- Lisa Handke – Post-Doctoral Fellow: Lisa joined the lab in 2019, she is a post-doc fellow from Germany.
- Matt McLarnon – Post-Doctoral Fellow: Matt joined the ITP lab in September 2015. He completed his Ph.D., from the University of Western Ontario, in the fall of 2015. He then accepted a position as assistant professor at Oakland University. Currently he is an assistant professor at Mount Royal University.
- Amanda Deacon – Amanda joined the lab in 2013 and completed her Ph.D dissertation under the guidance of Dr. O’Neill. She is now an I/O Psychology Analyst at Plum.
- Nicole Larson – Nicole joined the lab in 2013 and completed her Ph.D dissertation under the guidance of Dr. O’Neill. She is now lecturer at Deakin Business School.
Past Honours and Master’s Students:
- Malika Khakhar – Honours Student, Research Assistant; Malika joined the lab in 2017 and worked as a Research Assistant, she also conducted her Honours research under the supervision of Dr. O’Neill. She is currently completing a PhD in Organizational Behaviour at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Kyra Grocutt – Honours Student; Kyra joined the lab in the winter of 2015 and worked as a Research Assistant for 3 years. Under the supervision of Dr. O’Neill, she conducted her honours research on the use of peer feedback in student teams. She is now a Human Resources Assistant for Pacekids Programs.
- Genevieve Hoffart – Masters Student; Genevieve joined the lab in 2011 and has grown through several roles during her tenure (including coordinator, RA, project lead, and MSc. Student). She completed her Master’s degree in the summer of 2017 and will be starting her new role as a research manager with ATB Financial.
- Julia Smith – Masters Student; Julia joined the lab in 2015 and completed her Master’s degree in the summer of 2017. She will be moving on to work aboard in France at the ESSEC Business School with Dr. karoline Strauss as a research assistant.
- Stephanie Law – PhD Student; Stephanie has been involved in the ITP lab’s research since September 2011. She completed her master’s thesis in 2014, which focused on impression management use in the interview. She will be completing her PhD with Dr. Josh Bourdage at the University of Calgary.
- Denise Law – Honours Student; Denise joined the lab in Winter 2014 and spent a year demonstrating her efficiency as an RA. Denise completed her honors thesis on the impact of configural dispersion on peer ratings in teams. Denise is starting her MSc in I/O psychology at the University of Waterloo in Fall 2016.
- Katarina Zivkov – Honours Student; Katarina began work in the lab as part of her P.U.R.E. award research and later became an RA. She completed her honours project on virtual and face-to-face teams and is now studying I/O at University College London, England.
- Jesse White – Honours Student; Jesse joined the lab in Fall 2013 and completed his honours project on the team dynamics of medical student teams. He is now studying law at the University of Toronto.
- Sam Hancock – Honours Student; Project Lead: Sam joined the lab as an RA in Winter 2012, and earned her a position as Project Lead in Fall 2012. Sam’s honours looked at constructive controversy training for team effectiveness. She is currently finishing her first year of the PhD program in Organizational Behaviour/Human Resource Management at the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University. Sam’s current research focuses on how a speaker’s non-native accent and gender interact to predict workplace outcomes such as hiring decisions.
- Taylor Holland – Honours Student: Taylor joined the lab as a Research Assistant in Fall 2012. Her honours thesis looked at differences between virtual and face-to-face teams. She is now a student at U of A Law school.
- Gina Chatellier – Honours Student (Co-supervised by Dr. O’Neill and Dr. Laura Hambley): Gina’s honours thesis looked at individual trait and teleworking in Fall 2013. Gina is now in her first year of a combined PhD and Masters of I/O Psychology at the University of Western Australia. She is currently researching volunteer retention.
- Jelena Radan – Honours Student; RA – Fall 2011-Winter 2013: Jelena began as an RA in Fall 2011, and conducted her honours research in the lab on pre-employment personality testing and faking using the forced-choice format. She has been officially accepted into the Master’s of Counselling program at the U of C for 2014 and aspires to be a career counsellor.
- Angelina Bercovich – Honours Student (Co-supervised by Dr. Laura Hambley and Dr. Tom O’Neill); RA – Fall 2012-Winter 2013: Angelina’s honours research focused on teleworking and personality and has involved collaboration with several organizations in the Calgary area. In 2014, Angelina began working towards a Certified Human Resources Professional designation and in 2016, began the Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification.
- Luyao Xiu – Master’s Student: Luyao successfully defended her thesis under Dr. Kibeom Lee and Dr. Tom O’Neill. Her thesis investigated effects of individuals’ evaluations about themselves – core self evaluations, group members’ perception of group efficacy on job performance, and possible moderation of these effects by the culture variable individual-collectivism.
- Naomi Lee – Honours Student; Research Assistant – Winter 2012-Winter 2013: Naomi’s thesis examined whether individuals who actively fake on pre-employment personality tests are more likely to score higher, and as a result get hired over honest candidates who may be a better fit for the company, and whether those fakers are more likely to engage in workplace deviant behaviours. Naomi will begin her Master’s Degree in I/O Psychology at the University of Calgary in Fall 2013.
Past Lab Coodinators & RAs:
- Christine Novitsky – Research Assistant; Christine joined the lab in 2018 and worked as a Research Assistant, she is now pursuing her Master’s in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at Saint Mary’s University.
- Hawra Al-Khaz’Aly – Research Assistant; Hawra joined the lab in 2018 and worked as a Research Assistant, she then finished her Honours research with Dr. Brandy Callahan at the Neurocognitive Disorders Lab.
- Alyssa Grocutt – Research Assistant – Alyssa joined the lab in Fall 2016 as a Research Assistant, she then finished her Honours research with Dr. Nick Turner and is now pursuing her Master’s in Organizational Behaviour at Queen’s University.
- Amy Barron – Research Assistant – Amy joined the lab in 2017 as a Research Assistant. She is now completing her Master’s in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at University of Waterloo.
- Adam Turner – Research Assistant – Adam joined the lab in 2017 as a Research Assistant. He is now completing his Master’s at the University of Calgary.
- Connie Deng – Research Coordinator – Summer 2016 – Fall 2018: Connie joined the lab in Summer 2016. She completed a double degree with a Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resources and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in June 2016 at the University of Calgary. She is currently at the University of Sheffield in the UK doing an MSc in Occupational Psychology. She is still working with Dr. Nick Turner from the Haskayne School of Business on a couple manuscripts related to workplace safety. Additionally, she is working as a research assistant at the Sheffield University Management School where she’ll be assisting with the organization of the Institute of Work Psychology Conference in 2020.
- Tamara Williamson –Research Coordinator – Fall 2015 – Fall 2017: She is currently in her first year of Clinical Psychology at the University of Calgary. During her time in the lab, she has assisted in facilitating team training workshops with the ITP lab and coordinated many events.
Originally from Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, she previously completed her B.Sc. degree with a major in Biology at the University of British Columbia.
- Katherine Gibbard – RA – Summer 2016 – Winter 2017: Katherine joined the lab as an RA in the Summer of 2016. Katherine has played many key roles in preparing the lab’s research for publication, and developing and facilitating team development training programs. She will be starting a Masters program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at the University of Guelph in Fall 2017.
- Marie-Claude Goulet – RA – Winter 2015 – Fall 2017: Marie joined the lab in Winter 2015 and helped to translate the ITP Metrics website and feedback documents into French. She also completed her honours thesis in Spring 2017. In the Fall of 2017, she will be working as a program coordinator at a Calgary school and work on the publication of her honours thesis.
- Lisa Nguyen – RA – Spring 2014 – Fall 2017: Lisa completed her Honours degree in Psychology under the supervision of Dr. Cara McInnis in Spring 2017. Her honours focused on imposter syndrome in first generation Canadians. During her time with the lab, she assisted in facilitating workshops to engineering students.
- Claire Ferguson – RA – Fall 2012 – Winter 2016: Claire joined the lab as an RA in Fall 2012. During her time in the lab, she became senior research coordinator where she managed the lab and administrative duties to keep things running smoothly. She will be starting an MPhil program in social and developmental psychology at the University of Cambridge in Fall 2016. Her I/O research interests are team dynamics and predictors of deviance in the workplace.
- Christianne Varty – RA – Winter 2015 – Winter 2016: Christianne joined the lab in winter 2015 and assisted with facilitating team training to students as well as developing ITP metric reports. Christianne is joining the EDGE lab at Wilfrid Laurier University where she will be completing her MSc in Organizational Behavior. Her research focuses on issues related to gender and diversity in the workplace.
- Katrina Waldhauser – RA – Fall 2014 – Winter 2015: Katrinacompleted a 499 course with Dr. O’Neill and assisted with some data collection. She is pursuing her Master’s in Sport and Exercise Psychology at the University of British Columbia, beginning in Fall 2016.
- Brittany Gramilch – RA – Fall 2014 – Winter 2015: Brittany joined the lab in fall 2014 and assisted with data collection. She now works in the administrative office at the University of Calgary Psychology Department.
- Carly Sears – RA – Fall 2014 – Winter 2015: Carly joined the lab in fall 2014 and assisted with data collection and administrative tasks within the lab. She is now conducting research with the Holy Cross Health Centre in psychosocial oncology.
- Semin Park – RA – Fall 2013 – Winter 2014: Semin joined the lab after she graduated with a M.Sc. and B.B.A. in College of Business Administration from the Seoul National University. She was involved in study development and data collection. Semin is currently in her 3rd year of her PhD program at the University of Connecticut. Her current research projects focus on unobtrusive dynamics measures of team processes.
- Yvonne Brandelli – RA – Fall 2012 – Winter 2014: Yvonne joined the lab in Fall 2012 and assisted with administrative and editing tasks in the lab. She is currently working at the University of Calgary as a part time research coordinator in psycho-social oncology, and part time in paediatric rheumatology. She is planning to pursue graduate studies in clinical psychology in Fall 2016.
- Calandra Speirs – Senior Research Coordinator – Fall 2011-Spring 2013: Calandra joined the lab in Fall 2011, and became coordinator soon after. She managed recruitment, selection, research, and administrative tasks in the lab. She recently finished her honours thesis, and will begin her Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology at the University of Calgary in Fall 2013.
- Zoe Arthurson-McColl – RA Fall 2011-Winter 2013: Zoe completed her honours psychology degree in the area of psychology and law. Zoe played a key role in research with data analysis and poster presentations. Zoe will complete her PhD studies in Criminology and Law at the University of Florida in Summer 2017, and plans to enter law school in 2017.
- Jessica Johnson – RA Fall 2012- Winter 2013: Jessica was involved with data collection on several studies as well as data entry of the Engineering study.
- Benn Antepim – RA Fall 2011-Winter 2013: Benn was involved in study development and data entry for the second reciprocity orientation study, and finished her degree in Winter 2013. She is currently working at the University of Calgary.
- Sylvia Tsang – RA Spring 2011-Fall 2012: Sylvia was involved in data collection and finished her psychology degree in Fall 2012. Sylvia is currently an occupational therapist with Carewest’s regional community transitional program.
- Kowther Hassan – RA 2011-2012: Kowther was involved in data collection and finished her honours research in neuropsychology in Winter 2013. She is currently pursuing an after degree in computer science at the University of Calgary. Kowther hopes to pursue graduate studies that can combine computer science, neuroscience, and medicine.
- Frances Churcher – RA 2011-2012: Frances joined the lab in 2011 and graduated with her honours psychology degree in Winter 2012.
- Christina Malycky – RA 2011-2012: Christina was involved in data collection for several of our studies, and recently finished her honours thesis in social psychology.
- Chris Carroll – RA 2011-2012: Chris graduated with a BA Honours in psychology in Winter 2012, and continued to stay involved in some projects with the lab. He will begin his Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology at UBC Okanagan in Fall 2013.
- Minja Pyykonen – RA Winter 2012: Minja was involved in data collection for our lab, and graduated with her honours psychology degree in April 2012.
- Aseel Ayoub – RA Fall 2011: Aseel was involved in data collection for the lab, and pursued co-op studies in Winter 2012 for her undergraduate degree. She is currently working on completing her combined degree in business and psychology.
- Walaa Katoue – RA Fall 2011: Walaa was involved in data collection for the lab, and graduated with a BSc in psychology in Winter 2012.
- Ovid Kwok – Brand Manager: Ovid joined the lab in August 2014. He completed his Bachelor of Commerce with a specialization in Marketing at the Haskayne School of Business. He has a passion for providing marketing solutions to nonprofit organizations.
- Aziz Raj – Marketing Brand Manager: Aziz is currently working with a not-for-profit- law firm, Calgary Legal Guidance, which aims to provide legal assistance, information, and support, to economically and socially disadvantaged individuals. He works as a Marketing Strategy Associate and works on campaigns to help promote CLG’s mission as well as help secure donor funding. His most recent project was completing their 2017-2018 Annual Report.
- Katarina Zivkov – Manager, Talent Management. Katarina began work in the lab as part of her P.U.R.E. award research and later became an RA. She rejoined the lab as the manager after completing her master in I/O psychology at University College London, England. Katarina is now working as an HR Advisor with University of Calgary.