While you were off campus, we spent a lot of time (and money!) improving the Integrated Arts Media Labs. Here are the highlights:
- Every student station in both labs now has, at minimum, one 27-inch display. In the Main Lab, all student stations have a HiDPI (Retina) display.
- We have added 10 Apple Silicon Mac mini computers, mostly in the Main Lab. These will offer great performance for years to come.
- The capacity of the Main Lab has been increased to 22 student computers.
- The remaining Intel Mac mini computers (all located in the Small Lab) have been upgraded to use an internal 480 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) instead of the original Fusion Drive. This should improve performance on these older machines.
- All Lab computers are running Apple’s latest operating system, macOS Big Sur. (The hallway computers will run macOS Catalina until they are replaced.)